Last night my sister and her family and little Dakota and I had THE bonfire I've been speaking of. We burnt all of my old thesis documents and other various articles & assignments that I did during my graduate program at BYU.
It felt so good!
Here we are with thumbs up for burning up all those hours of sweat, weight gain, tears, and struggles! Ashley had her thumb down...it was funny because every time Chandler would put some in the fire he'd say, "Karen, do you hate this page?" I'd say, "YES!" And he'd throw it in the flames and say "DIE!!!"
I think it was this one...right here...this thesis draft that made me gain the 40 lbs!!!

Now that all the old drafts are buried in ashes, I think I can just look at this book in awe...knowing that I made it through one of the hardest challenging times of my life. And it's finally OVER.
6 comments:
YAY!!!! What a cool bonfire. Man, burning that all must have felt AWESOME! So happy for you that it's over. :)
Now THAT looks therapeutic! I'm glad you roasted wieners while you were at it. :)
Yeah!!! The relief is written all over your face. I am so glad that you made it through the whole ordeal. Your book looks fantastic!
P.S. I was really bad about getting us and Laura together while you both had a long weekend off. We really need to do something before I have this baby. Any timeday open for you?
I bet that was a very cleansing. The book looks great but I hope you at least had S'mores with that fire, that would have really ended the night well:)
Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad it helped.
WHEW! I think it's great that you burned everything but what I wanted to comment on is how darn cute you look. You look super duper cute!! I love you face in 2nd to last pic and I love the pic with cute niece in pink sweatshirt on your lap. Cute. Cute. Cute.
Post a Comment