I remember following the story of the Nielsons from Provo-The husband and wife who were in a plane crash and survived. And how burns covered like 80% of her body, and 30% of his. I loved watching this episode...and Oprah said something that sorta hit home for me. She said at the end, "Live in the moment". This is what Stephanie has to do now, taking mom-at-home responsibilities with her kids moment by moment.
I think that's my quest. I need to pay attention to my moments more. To enjoy my 33rd year of being a daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, teacher, being single, and just...me.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Moments
Since finishing my master's program, I have felt sort of lost. Not sure who I am anymore. Not sure what to focus on. Just...not sure. A recent priesthood blessing I had told me that I needed to focus on me, and find what makes me happy. I watched Oprah today and cried.
I remember following the story of the Nielsons from Provo-The husband and wife who were in a plane crash and survived. And how burns covered like 80% of her body, and 30% of his. I loved watching this episode...and Oprah said something that sorta hit home for me. She said at the end, "Live in the moment". This is what Stephanie has to do now, taking mom-at-home responsibilities with her kids moment by moment.
I think that's my quest. I need to pay attention to my moments more. To enjoy my 33rd year of being a daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, teacher, being single, and just...me.
I remember following the story of the Nielsons from Provo-The husband and wife who were in a plane crash and survived. And how burns covered like 80% of her body, and 30% of his. I loved watching this episode...and Oprah said something that sorta hit home for me. She said at the end, "Live in the moment". This is what Stephanie has to do now, taking mom-at-home responsibilities with her kids moment by moment.
I think that's my quest. I need to pay attention to my moments more. To enjoy my 33rd year of being a daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, teacher, being single, and just...me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a good motto!
I saw this same episode and I was just so impressed with her husband how he looked past her burns and saw her for who she was. It made me think how the gospel solidifies our lives to look at the big picture and not just the stupid little things that happen to us in this life that lead to divorce and problems etc...
Post a Comment