Wednesday, December 9, 2009
My Rock & My Madi
Day 1 of my little pondering fest... So I'm focusing on my knee pain when I stand up and walk down/up stairs. Trying to remember during this Christmas season that every time I feel that pain, I think of Jesus, of God, of good things that will remind me to center my life more on my Rock. Went to work out this morning in the frigid cold...and stair step #2 made me automatically think..."but Jesus suffered more." And I remembered that my pain is so incomparable to His. And I felt grateful. Once again, step #3-15 made me think of someone else in my life who is suffering more than me, and my pain is incomparable to hers. My little niece Madi. 12 years old. Awesome soccer player. Broke her leg (tibia & fibia) in her last futsol game. Today she is at Primary Children's Hospital because she's had complications. They can't do surgery on her leg until the swelling goes down, and so, she's been at home. Struggling through the pain. She was taken to emergency yesterday due to a low oxygen count, and then rushed to Primary Children's with the possibility of her having a blood clot in her lung. Both lungs collapsed, and her oxygen continues to be low. Poor little Madi. I am praying my guts out for her. So I reminded myself today, that my pain is nothing compared to others. And I was humbled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope Madi is going to be okay. I wish you didn't have to feel any pain at all.
I just noticed your weight loss ticker! YOU ROCK!
Post a Comment