Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Pondering-ish thoughts
I once taught at the MTC with this teacher. He said there was this car that he really wanted. Badly. And it was around Christmas time. And he was thinking about what he could do to center the season on Christ. He started realizing how much he was thinking about this car, and then decided that from that point on, every time he saw that car, he would think of Jesus. I'm going to start something on my blog to last through December. I've been thinking about this for a while now-that I need to be journaling more...getting in touch with God more...pondering more. So, I'm going to try to post daily a pondering-ish thought I had... About Christ. About God. About things I'm thankful for. About goodness. About blessings. So I've decided on something that I feel every single day. Something that will remind me to think of Christ more. Like this teacher from the MTC. My knees. Still...I have pain. In fact, it's there all day--but at times it's more than at other times. Using the stairs, or standing up from a sitting position. How many times do I do that a day? ...um, like a thousand. So I figure I will have plenty of times to think of and center my thoughts for the season, on Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Interesting idea. I like it.
I love that idea, Karen. Makes me want to be a better person and think of Christ more.
Post a Comment