Thursday, December 10, 2009
Miracles.
My students and I did this rock candy crystal experiment a few weeks ago. We've been waiting for it to work, and it just has seemed like it failed. We've been talking about how we weren't sure if we did it right because there weren't any crystals growing yet. I was ready to just tell the kids that it didn't work, and that we needed to clean it all up, and put it away. Today during Science, I kneeled down on the table to look at them--and, feeling the knee pain like I always do, inwardly grunted, but, like I always do--tried to skip over the pain. And I thought of my December blog post goal-and thought, "Hmmm...could this be a mini pondering moment?" The students were all looking over at me as I was talking to them about how it just didn't work. And then-I lifted the glasses up and low and behold, there were the crystals. And LARGE ones. I was so excited to tell them that, yes, "Our experiment really did work guys!! Look!!" They all crowded around with their little hand lenses and were "ooohing" and "awwing". And suddenly I was thankful for a little miracle in my classroom. And more importantly, suddenly I found myself flooded with quick flashbacks of the many miracles that have happened in my little life...ones that have completely changed my life for the good. I'm just thankful for all the things that God has done in my life to make my life "experiments" work, so that I can have my own "oooh" and "aww" moments. And that God continues to make things work in my behalf. So grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you Karen! You're so awesome!
awesome! my tykes did some with their dad, they weren't candy ones though, they did take forever to grow though.
what grade do you teach???
As I was reading this post I totally felt the love you have for your kids at school. You are so amazing with those kids. I wish you were my kids teacher. You are the best teacher in the whole world! You're doing an awesome job! Love ya
Post a Comment