Friday, December 11, 2009

You look like a princess!!

If anything, forcing myself to focus on better thoughts when I feel some knee pain has really helped me to just, well, in general, think about goodness-about positive things throughout the day. I don't necessarily feel like I have to think of something grand "when" I have knee pain, but when I do feel that knee pain, it helps me to remember and reflect on things that have happened throughout the day and channel my thoughts.
To share one small instance from today...
My sister-in-law told me this story while we were eating dinner tonight. She was trying on a dress for a wedding and her little guy, Clark, looked up and said, "You look like a princess!!"
My heart totally melted.
And I thought of little children and how innocent they are. How I have worked in the past 8 years as a teacher with some of the sweetest littles on earth, and how blessed and fortunate I have been.
And to know that Christ loves them triple fold...just tugs at my heart.
I want to love more like him.
And love more unconditionally too.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute!!! It's moments like that that make me miss teaching. Thank goodness I have Grace to fill that void.

P.S. So we need to try to get together (with Laura too, if she can). I basically am going no where, which leaves my schedule rather uncluttered. What does yours look like?

Julie said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! That's how I feel about my YW in our ward. I want them to follow Christ example to love like Him.