Sunday, December 20, 2009
Worn out hands
I have not had a chance to blog whatsoever! Life has gotten so busy these last two weeks, but even though I haven't posted anything, I still have had constant reminders throughout the day of good things...of God, of Jesus, of this wonderful gospel I belong to. I'll just share one reminder that I've had... While at the gym in the sauna this past week, I had an interesting pondering moment. This lady walked in and sat down and started doing the most amazing stretches I have ever seen. She had just finished swimming, I believe, because she had that 'attire' on. I usually try not to stare at people but I could not take my focus off of her. It was dark, so I couldn't really see her face completely, but I immediately noticed the light on her hands. They were old, wrinkly, and looked completely worn. Instantly I knew she was probably in her late 60's, or even mid 70's. But yet she stretched like an athlete! I couldn't believe how flexible this old woman was. Too get to my point...I just couldn't get over her old worn out hands. And I couldn't help but wonder...looking at her tired, wrinkly hands...what had this woman been through? What had she overcome in her long lifetime? And how in the world is she still standing (and stretching like a pretzel!)? And then my thoughts went to the Savior, and how grateful I am that no matter how 'worn out' He was, that He didn't just give up. That he committed, and finished what He came here to do. And instantly, I was grateful for the experience of seeing this little, worn out old woman--that portrayed such amazing physical strength. And all of a sudden I felt a desire to change some things in my life and live more fully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Older people who are total champs at the gym totally inspire me to be better! If they can do it, so can I! I wanna be like that when I'm 70!
I love reading your posts! They are so uplifting. Sorry I have not read your blog lately and now I just want to keep reading. You say the most wonderful things and give people encouragement and the will to do things. It does help us to live more fully. I'm trying to get back into my blog, but I feel like one of your post you posted, there is not much to blog about,not really, but there is... I just needed your encouragement to do it. Thanks so much. Love ya sis and I want to come over sometime with my kids and visit and make brownies and cookies and eat like mad, cause I'm dying of not eating treats for 14 days. I'm on day 5 with not treats!!!
Post a Comment