Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sticking to it

I don't know when it started for me, but I have a struggle sticking to weight loss goals. It's something I am always working hard at (eating well, exercise, etc), but also something I fail at a lot. I talk a lot about it with friends, family, and always set a ton of goals to stick to, then find myself failing at them.

I don't want to beat myself up about it anymore...I just want to do the best that I can every day.

A friend of mine posted this picture on his facebook...
 
Love it!

I want that to be my mantra for the next 2 months of my summer workout plans.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I love that too! I'm exactly the same as you. I want to lose weight, talk about it all the time, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I always fail. I need to do more and talk less. :) Good luck with your goals. YOU CAN DO IT.

The blogging Bakers said...

I hear ya, it is so hard to stay motivated sometimes, I struggle with the same all the time. It is so easy for life to get in the way, and dang it there are so many yummy foods out there, if only exercise were as fun as eating I would be fine right????:) Hang in there, that is what I have to tell myself too.

Allie said...

I know this doesn't help at all-but I think you look beautiful just the way you are.

P.S. don't beat yourself up! It's not worth it!

Lindsey said...

I miss you, Karen!!! You, Laura, and I have got to get together. What do you have open over the next couple of weeks? We could meet for dinner again or do something during the day. Just let me know!

Shannon said...

I think that's a great quote! I'm the same with you when it comes to my weight loss goals - they're never ending because I fail ALL.THE.TIME. I remember someone telling me one reason why I fail, it's because I tell too many people that I'm going to do it. You'd think it would have the opposite affect, but no! "Speak little, do much"...FABULOUS!

Arlene said...

Would it be bad to have that up in the classroom? :) hehehe Or during faculty meetings. J/K

I am going to put that someone where I will see it often! Thanks for sharing!