I'll be honest about something. I've had lots of experiences where I was blessed by paying my tithing first thing...and I won't ever forget those times. I won't say that every single time I've paid it, I've had miracles randomly show up in my life, but most times, things just work out, and sometimes...I am showered with a much needed blessing. Well...
Now I won't say that I'm hurting for money, I have enough,...it's just the money gets stretched throughout the month, and sometimes, getting paid just once a month is rough. If I don't budget, I find myself struggling to make it through. I've never imagined myself not paying my tithing,...well, until times got rough. My medical bills added up, and I sort of lost my testimony of tithing for a bit.
I promised myself that when my next check came, I would write my tithing check out first thing, seal it in an envelope, and just pay with faith. So, that's what I did yesterday.
It's the end of the month and my paycheck comes in a few days. With a few pennies in my wallet and gas running on empty in my car, I was wondering how I was going to make it till the weekend. Not that I was hurting for the money...I could make it...I could just walk everywhere, not go to my classroom until next week to work, etc., etc., but was sort of hoping to get a few things done.
I checked my mail and noticed I received something from my school district. It looked like the thing they send out every August that shows your upcoming salary info, etc. Whenever this comes in the mail I always secretly hope it's a bonus check ;) ...because it comes in the exact form of a check with the perforated sides and all. And so, knowing it wasn't a check, I opened it up expecting to see what I usually see.
It wasn't what I thought it was.
It was a reimbursement check my district sent to me--something I totally forgot I would be receiving in August.
Tithing is awesome. I think it's just what I needed to get back on track and be faithful at this.
4 comments:
Cool! I got one (license reimbursement) in the mail yesterday, too! Totally unexpected, but it paid for my nephew's unaccompanied minor fee to fly back to CO.
I appreciate your testimony on tithing! I like how you acknowledge GOd's hand in your blessings, some people would just say "well, I had that check coming to me"...but I see how tithing blessings are often like that, where you had something coming to you, but the Lord made it so it would come at just the right time that you needed it. He has been working on giving you the blessing so that it would come right as you obeyed is my feeling.
I just love random little blessings. :)
Love this!! :)
Post a Comment