And although I found myself bawling for the first time tonight as I pulled into my driveway-(realizing that I had to go in my house and start doing the "nightly prep"...)....
I still think my summer was the best ever.
As I've been thinking about why it feels so different going back to work tomorrow, the only thing that makes sense to me is that I learned to cherish the season. I cherished every day of my summer. I tried to make things happen. I tried to be outdoors, because, it was, summer of course. It made me realize that I need to cherish every season in this way. Do things that go with the season so that I feel like I am not just passing through, but actually living moment by moment...spring, summer, fall, winter.
Here are my top 5 reasons for why my summer rocked!
1. Went on 18 hikes! Here are a few shots from them...
2. Spent ooodles of time with my best friend in the whole entire world. Love you, Lori!
3. Spent lots n lots of time with my family that I love so much!
(We said goodbye to our nephew Mic who left on his mission to Sweden!)
4. Tried to be outdoors as much as possible, and even got a taste of wakesurfing and rockclimbing! (Could possibly be my new passions)
5. And last...I spent good times with my friends!
Pretty much, Best summer ever.


















7 comments:
Looks like a great Summer! I can't believe you went on 18 hikes!!!
You seriously rock!! Way to savor up the Summer Season. Can't wait to see what you do in the fall. :)
Karen, I'm so proud of you! I can't believe we did that many hikes! And, we are not done yet!!! I'm so glad you had a great summer! Good luck with all the munchkins at school:) Love you!
I am so impressed with your summer! Way to live it up and you look so happy in all your pictures! So fun!!!
wow! what a great summer u had! loved looking at all ur fun!!!
I love the way you have harnessed life! And I love you $20 (which is as high as it can possibley get as per my niece, Lacey). Big hugs to you, you little rock climbing, friend loving, mountain climbing, outdoor loving, beautiful flower.
~jenny
You deserved a summer like this Karen! Looks like you had TONS of fun.
Post a Comment