Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Out of my comfort zone-20 in 20

A couple of years ago, I did a 20 in 120 challenge for my New Year's Resolutions. I'd like to do something of that sort, once again, related to resolutions I have made for 2012. However, I would like to put a different twist on it-I'd like to do 20 goals that are out of my comfort zone-related to finding a husband in some way, or, preparing myself for that-because,...OH! How I would love for that desire to happen for me in 2012. Like...how far away is this, anyways?

Sure wish I knew.

There are 20 weeks until summer. I'd like to accomplish 20 small-out of my comfort zone-related to my desire-goals by June 1st. So, as suggested, I'm going to do one out of comfort zone thing a week, for 20 weeks. I'll cross them off as I go :)

I am taking suggestions on what kind of things I can do to make this true desire happen for me. I would love advice. *I'm updating this post as I get comments/suggestions from others.

Ideas? Help? I need a new one for #7...

1. Ask someone I like out on a date
2. Go to a college basketball game
3. Talk to three guys I have been meaning to talk to at church on Sunday
4. Seek and trust in a priesthood blessing for my desires
5. Talk with the LeBaron's
6. Attend Home Evening ten times    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
7. Change at least 5 things in my life for ME... 1,2,3,4,5
8. Sign up for online dating again
9. Get a personal trainer to improve my health/body
10. Go to one get together that I'm invited to-don't turn it down
11. Attend the ward potluck once
12. Follow up on the blind date set-up that my friend has forgotten about
13. Attend the family branch where I live once
14. Follow up with a friend about a Lehi old singles get together
15. Attend the institute in Orem once
16. Attend the next church activity and get to know someone new
17. Talk to one of the guys at Gold's gym that I see every morning
18. Attend ward choir for a month
19. Pray specifically for at least 2 weeks about my desires for the future
20. Speak with someone I trust about dating and seek their advice



6 comments:

Spice said...

Okay, some ideas, go to more activities to get to know more guys, host a party that you can invite the guys to, do other things that you have always wanted to do that you have been putting off (I don't know what those are, but something like go to a BB game or dance like a crazy at the next dance), do what you think is fun yet will stretch you a little more. That's all I've got for now. Good luck and way to go with setting goals.

Mary Ann said...

I think you should go way blond again, blondie. :) Actually, I think your first goal is a good one. I have a single friend who does one out-of-comfort-zone thing a week--like attend a singles activity, go to Institute, go on a date, or just plain talk to someone new. She doesn't have a set plan, but she feels good about doing at least one thing a week. If you did one thing a week, you would have 20 done by June 1st. You are on my prayer list--I pray for you every day. :) Good luck! I can't wait to meet the lucky guy who ends up with you!!

Heidi said...

Good for you! Host a party? Volunteer somewhere? My parents met when my mom was volunteering.

Traci said...

karen- i so look up to u with ur goals!!! u rock and best of luck to u! how about go on a trip and maybe meet someone there? u r welcome to come out here in the east and check things out and u will have a place to stay!!! loves!

Tina said...

Will you move to Blanding and teach with me? I miss you! You were seriously a rock to me at Westside. Please consider moving here???

:)

Shannon said...

I love what you have accomplished so far. Way to go Karen!!