Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rest in peace

I wish I was better at this blogging stuff, but...I am grateful for moments I do have to sit and reflect and document.

My heart has felt heavy for quite a few weeks now...the shootings that happened in Connecticut a few weeks ago hit close to home as I am an Elementary school teacher. That whole week I watched the news constantly and just felt anxious and unable to focus on my own life. For days after the tragedy I found it hard to focus my mind on teaching. I told the students over and over again every day how much I loved them.

My heart aches for those families affected and who lost the 26 loved ones.

On Christmas Eve, I got news that my childhood friend, Lori, passed away. I have been unable to get my mind off of her memory. I have been following posts and pictures of her that people have been putting up on facebook and my memory is warmed by her smile and kind heart. She was truly a beautiful person inside and out, and I will miss her! My heart aches for her son, husband, family, and friends-all of those touched by her life.

These events have made me reflect on all of the people in my life-how beautiful they have made this world and how grateful I am for each person who has warmed me with their presence.

Rest in peace, sweet children of Connecticut.
Rest in peace, Lori.
Till we meet again!




3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you're blogging again. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Your students are blessed to have you as their teacher.

Eh said...

Sweet Karen...you are kind and sensitive and I love how your words echo the feelings in your heart. I can feel how you view things when I read your words. And I love your views. I am saddened by your concerns, but I am glad you are a teacher. What lucky children to have you be their teacher. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs.
-jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm working on company shopping website that uses joomla as its server (if that's the correct word). . Someone uploaded files with spaces and apostrophes in the wrong folder and Joomla won't let me delete them in the usual way.. . How can I delete these files (or edit the file names so that they can then be deleted as normal)?. . I posted this question on the Joomla message board but so far no luck..
[url=http://william-hill-bonus-2013.blogspot.com/]william hill bonus[/url] [url=http://win-bonus-hu.com/]bwin[/url]
[url=http://2013bettin.com]bet365[/url] [url=http://winwett.com/]bwin[/url]