4 more goals down on my 20 in 120!
1. Create an account to start indexing.
2. Pray at least once a day on my knees for 30 days.
3. Write an up to date summary in my journal.
4. Attend the financial peace cource for at least 3 weeks.
Whew. That's a little load off my shoulders.
I think one of my favorite things about this 20 in 120 is that I always know I have something that is small that I can accomplish in just a week's time or so. It's manageable. It's doable. And these little goals may be silly or simple...but I have a long way to go for some of my major 2010 resolves.
So...I'll take these simple things in order to help me get to the big things! :D
We learned about indexing a few months ago, and I am totally addicted! I've completed a few batches, and it really feels good to do. It's a small way to do family history and to help the Lord's work along. I have to say it almost feels like it does when I do work in the temple...and I am so grateful to have started this!
Praying on my knees is still rough...I wish I could kneel better. Feels like a chunk of scar tissue is underneath each knee cap...but, I can do it just enough until it starts to hurt. Wish I'd never had that darn surgery....ugh.
Writing in my journal was so tough...I haven't been consistent since my mission-which, btw has flown by like crazy! This May 11th I have been home from my mission 11 years. Jeez! I had a TON to catch up on, but writing does wonders to the soul-and I think I've forgotten that. I feel healed in a way.
Learning about managing my money with the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace course has been awesome. I actually only attended the course once...and didn't like the teacher or the setup of the class, so I was able to still download all the course videos and checked out the book that I just finished. LOVED IT! I am so ready to manage money better.....
Now...on to a few more to tackle...
3 comments:
When you say attend financial peace classes are you talking about Dave Ramsy? If you are, we are huge fans at our house. We own his Totally Money Makeover book and have been implementing his plan since our first year of marriage. Love Dave!!!
P.S. I am counting down until spring break!!!!
You inspire me!! Keep it up! Indexing is really fun and addicting. And it does feel like you are doing Temple work.
Way to go! I really like your journal summary idea. I need to do that. I haven't been at all consistent since my mission, and at that time I just used my letters home as my journal. Totally lame. We are stinkin' old! It will be 11 years for me too this July. Yikes! Love you tons!!!
Post a Comment